Journal 8 (Tragedy of My 3rd Eye)

Referring to short story Tragedy of My Third Eye by Suchen Christine Lim, me, I have a story I would love to share a story the affected my third eye. The story started when I was drove my dad and my brothers to Malacca. My dad was scheduled to have a check on his blood condition. He was suspected having high blood pressure. After couple of hours, he was done with his medical check up. I wondered what was going onto my dad. Was he fine? I didn’t dare to ask him. Daddy asked me to drive us to Dataran Pahlawan at Bandar Hilir. He said “Is shopping time!” We reached Dataran Pahlawan and spent quite a lot. I only got myself a pair of Nike snickers and a pair of Levi’s Jeans. My brothers got more! Then, I had to drive them home. While I was driving them home, I asked my brother to drive because I felt so sleepy but he said “just drive, bro. You usually drive without sleep, rite?” So, I just continued driving. I was accidentally fell asleep near Jasin and had a car accident. i was sent to Jasin hospital and received 6 stitches on my forehead. On that time, I was only thinking about my father and my mother. I realized that I need them very much. With stitched scars on my forehead, I remember the incident that affected my third eye forever.

0 comments:

Post a Comment